Experience two of the most important locations in Scotland’s long history
to book call 07734 331425
This tour has proved to be one of our more popular tours as it enables visitors with limited time in Scotland to experience arguably two of the most important locations in Scotland’s long history. This tour lasts approximately 9 hours and you will be transported in our spacious and comfortable Balmoral Mercedes vehicle (or equivalent).
In Edinburgh, the tour will include:
- Edinburgh Castle
- Royal Mile
- St Giles Cathedral
- John Knox House
- Palace of Holyrood House
- Arthur’s Seat
- New Town
In Stirling, the tour will include:
- Stirling Castle
- Stirling Bridge
- Wallace Monument (brief stop)
- Battle of Bannockburn site (brief stop)
We will start our tour in Edinburgh, weaving our way through the narrow and winding streets of the Old Town. We will make numerous stops, including Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace, the Royal Mile, Arthur’s Seat, Calton Hill, the Grassmarket and many others. Your guide will provide a continuous running commentary and you will have time for photographs at each of the locations. Before making our way to Stirling, we will complete our tour of Edinburgh with a drive through the New Town where you can see why the wealthy chose to live there.
From here we will drive to Stirling Castle, the site of many sieges by both the Scots and the English during the Scottish Wars of Independence. We will take you on a short guided tour inside the Castle. Afterwards, you will be free to explore the magnificence of the various parts of the Castle in your own time. Before returning to Edinburgh, if time permits, we will stop at two of the great battle sites, Stirling Bridge and Bannockburn as well as a photo opportunity at the Wallace Monument.
- Duration: A maximum of 9 hours
- Availability: 8.00am – 6.00pm
- Excludes: Admission fees to attractions
- This tour allows passengers to disembark at the various sights in order to take photos.
- Tours run all year round, unless shown as unavailable on the booking calendar.
- Shore excursion and tours from/to cruise ships are all included in the above price. Please note that this tour is NOT available for cruise ship passengers during July and August 2020 unless your ship is in port overnight or has a later departure time.
- The Balmoral vehicle is NOT wheelchair accessible but carries up to 7 passengers.
- The Caledonia vehicle is wheelchair accessible to all manual wheelchairs. However, this will restrict space to 4 other passengers. Subject to availability.
- Children must be accompanied by their parents or an appropriate adult. Please see Terms and Conditions for child seat requirements.
- Cost of entry to Stirling Castle is not included in the cost of this tour. (Price on request).
- Your driver will always be nearby to pick you up after visiting any of the sights.
- Cancellation fees apply (see Terms and Conditions).