this tour will appeal to visitors wishing to travel out into the countryside
to book call 07734 331425
We have had increasing requests for tours to the Scottish Borders, so we have put together this tour which will appeal to visitors wishing to travel out into the countryside. This tour lasts upto 9 hours and you will be transported in our spacious and comfortable Balmoral Mercedes vehicle (or equivalent). Although we will include a number of brief stops along the way, the main sights will include:
- Rosslyn Chapel
- Abbotsford House
- Town of Melrose
- Melrose Abbey
- Scott’s Viewpoint
We will head south of Edinburgh, stopping first at Rosslyn Chapel (as featured in the Da Vinci Codes).
From here we will then make our way down to Abbotsford House, home of Sir Walter Scott and arguably one of Scotland’s most prolifice writers. What began as a humble farmhouse was eventually converted into a true Scottish Baronial mansion thanks to the vision of Scott and his architect William Atkinson who would go on to remodel Chequers, official country residence of the British Prime Minister. Apart from the architecture, equally fascinating are the vast eclectic collections belonging to Scott.
After completing our visit to Abbotsford, we will make our way to Melrose, a small Borders town which typifies many of the towns in the area. It is also famed for being the final resting place of the heart of Robert the Bruce at Melrose Abbey. Depending on energy levels visitors will be able to tour around the grounds of the Abbey and/or take advantage of the free time to indulge in a little retail therapy in Melrose itself before returning to Edinburgh.
If you want a more bespoke tour, tell us where you want to go and we will customise your private tour to your requirements.
- Duration: A maximum of 9 hours
- Availability: 8.00am – 6.00pm
- Excludes: Admission fees to attractions
- This tour allows is flexible and allows passengers to choose how long they wish to spend at each location.
- Tours run all year round, unless shown as unavailable on the booking calendar.
- Pickups/returns from/to cruise ships are all included in the above price. Please note that this tour is NOT available for cruise ship passengers during July and August 2020 unless your ship is in port overnight. (Please allow 10 hours for planning purposes in the event of heavy traffic).
- The Balmoral vehicle is NOT wheelchair accessible but carries upto 7 passengers.
- The Caledonia vehicle is wheelchair accessible to all manual wheelchairs. However, this will restrict space to 4 other passengers. Subject to availability.
- Children must be accompanied by their parents or an appropriate adult. Please see Terms and Conditions for child seat requirements.
- Cost of admission fees to attractions is not included in the cost of this tour (prices available on request).
- Your driver will always be nearby to pick you up after visiting any of the sights or will accompany you.
- Cancellation fees apply (see Terms and Conditions).