Find out how we make our national drink and get to taste some single malt whisky
to book call 07734 331425
This tour is popular amongst visitors who have never visited a true Scottish Whisky distillery and want to experience what actually goes into the making of “The Water of Life.” This is the closest distillery to Edinburgh city centre and is perfect if you don’t have the time to travel over three hours to Speyside where the majority of whisky distilleries are located. The journey takes less than 30 minutes from the city centre, with the tour and tasting lasting between 1 hour and one hour 30 minutes depending upon whether you opt for the Standard Tour or the Flavours of Scotland Tour. On completion of your tour, your driver will return you to the city centre, stopping off at excellent vantage points for photo opportunities of the city.
- Duration: A maximum of 3 hours
- Availability: 8.00am – 6.00pm
- Excludes: Admission fees to attractions
- This tour allows passengers to visit Glenkinchie Distillery and on the return disembark at various vantage points overlooking Edinburgh in order to take photos.
- Tours run all year round, unless shown as unavailable on the booking calendar. Pick-ups and drop-offs are made at all hotels and guesthouses within the city centre. Multiple pick-ups are not available.
- For pickups/returns from/to cruise ships, please see our Cruise Ships Transfer Page for transfer fees.
- A maximum of 6 people can be carried in the Caledonian vehicle.
- The vehicle is wheelchair accessible to all manual wheelchairs. However, this will restrict space to 4 other passengers. The Balmoral vehicle is not wheelchair accessible but carries up to 7 passengers.
- This tour is not suitable for groups with children.
- Cost of entry to any attractions is not included in the cost of this tour.
- Your driver will be nearby to pick you up after visiting any of the attractions.
- Cancellation fees apply (see Terms and Conditions).